How To Change Your Squarespace Template
How To Change Your Squarespace Template In 30 Seconds
With over 90 Squarespace templates to choose from, it can be difficult deciding what template to choose when you first sign up. The great thing about Squarespace is that all templates are included when you sign up for a plan so you can switch them around any time with 30 seconds and a few clicks of a button.
1. Go to the navigation bar on the left-hand side of your page and select Design.
2. Select emplate.
3. You'll see the template you currently have installed. Click the button that says Install New Template.
4. You will now be taken to Squarespace Templates where you can select your new template. You can demo each theme before committing to installing a new one.
Once, you've found the template you like the look of, select 'Install Template.'
This does not get rid of your current content or template, don't worry about that. It just means you will be able to preview it and play around with the template before committing to it.
5. Your new installed template will now appear under your live template in Design > Template. To edit it, you can hover over the next template and select Preview.
You can now edit your site using your new theme. You can hit save, change pages, the design and pretty much everything you as you would if your template is live. None of these changes will take full effect until you make your new template live.
6. You'll see a bar at the bottom of your website giving you the option to Cancel Preview and another that allows you to Set Live Template. If you want to apply your new template for good, select to make it live.
Alternatively, cancel your preview and your site will return as it was before installing the latest templet.
If you want to uninstall the template at any time, you can just hover over the template as you did to preview the site (see above) and click the Uninstall button.
Being able to experiment with Squarespace templates before commiting to them is a big benefit of using the Squarespace platform especially because you can visually see how things look at you edit them. It gives you the chance to try out different templates and features to discover what works and what fits with the vision you have for your website.
Have you tried switching Squarespace templates? What's your favourite? Share with me in the comments below.
I hope you've found this valuable, thanks for reading. If you'd like even more strategies, tips and exclusive insights that I only talk about in email, be sure to sign up for my newsletter below.